Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Saturday, November 30, 2013

True This?

Bookmark and Share

Bad MathHey there everyone!

In first grade I asked my teacher if there were any numbers below zero. She quickly responded with “No” and so I accepted it as truth.

Imagine my dismay when several years later I had stumbled upon negative numbers. How many cool ideas would I have had, had I discovered these numbers much earlier in life?

Alas, I continued on with my thirst for mathematics understanding that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, and that the corners of all triangles add up to 180 degrees.

Unahppy TruthNot true, I uncovered in gifted class through the understanding of Non-Euclidean Geometry (when geometry is not confined to a 2-D space). It wasn’t so much the information, but the knowledge that this information wasn’t being presented to anyone who wasn’t in gifted class, surprised me.

“Don’t talk to strangers” was the message I was getting growing up. But in networking (and through humanity), I found that being a stranger-talker is actually one of the most rewarding experiences of life.

Most know the world isn't flat. However, most also assume that the world has exactly twenty-four hours in a day. Just last week I saw a documentary on YouTube that explained how the Earth’s spin has always been decelerating (it used to be 6 hours per day, and one day there will be 48 hours in a day).

Which Truth?So what’s the truth anymore? We don’t need to know the depth of some of these truths, until we really need to know them. For example, some may argue that it would be way too difficult (and time-consuming/distracting) to teach one anxious pupil about negative numbers. They say when the student is ready the teacher appears, so maybe I just wasn’t ready.

Abraham Hicks illustrates it well in The Secret behind the Secret”. Society wasn’t ready for all the spiritual truths of humanity... So they got a water-down version, from a materialistic perspective. This was the only way the message would reach the mainstream through celebrities like Oprah and Larry King.

Future ReadyThe question is, are YOU ready? Can you handle a deeper truth that may contradict some of your core beliefs? What truths are you clinging onto with your dear life?

If any truths have changed over your life then know that you can consciously change truths any time in your life. It may seem like a truth you cannot change, but that is the very nature of a perceived “truth”.

True that?

Let’s love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

P.S. Here’s that video.

No comments:

Post a Comment