Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Friday, September 18, 2015

Selfishness - How Selfish Are You?

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.Well, I'm at the Canadian National Exhibition with my friend, Jen, on a hot summer's day last month. Right at the start of our journey, she pops the questions, “Why don't you wear a hat?”

I responded, "Didn't we have this conversation already?"

She knew I consciously choose not to wear hats and that I even wrote an article about it, from previous conversations. I know she remembered those past conversations, because she continued, “I know you wrote an article about it, but a hat would be so beneficial to you. Let me help you find the right one.”

Empathy is seeing with the eyss of another, listening with the ears of another, and feeling with the heart of another.My experience—as cynical as it may be—is that most people don't really want to help, as much as they want to feel good about the fact that they helped.

How Do You Help People in Difficult Situations?

Don't tell someone to get over it. Help them get through it.If people really cared, they would ask me questions to get into my reality, rather than trying to project their solutions onto my life.

If people really cared, they would read the article I wrote (and really get it), before having a conversation with me about hats.

I'm not angry but I am transparent. Jen will get this message. :)

Love is like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.How can you apply this message in your life? Where do you try to force your help on other people? Where do you not take direction on the type of help that is requested?

This experience had me revisit my original article, adding a new point, and adding a whole bunch of new visual quotes (as my Visual Quotes Library has expanded since the original writing of the article).

The heart of all spiritual teachings is simple. Be love. Be peace. Be harmony. Be joy. Check out this Visual Article that Will Teach You about You
10 Explanations of Why I Don't Wear a Hat

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment