Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Friday, March 12, 2010

7 Days of The Self Empowerment Pledge

Bookmark and Share
Hi Everybody!!

As I continually explore new realms of personal development, I sometimes come across things that truly stand out. What's exciting is that I get to share the best-of-the-best with readers like you :). The following pledge is an example of a very simple tool that can make a profound difference in the way we think, the way we feel, and the way we behave. Created by professional speaker, Joe Tye, the pledge is a concise model of core values that can transform our being.

THE SELF EMPOWERMENT PLEDGE
Seven Simple Promises That Will Change Your Life

Monday's Promise: Responsibility

I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.

Tuesday's Promise: Accountability

I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.

Mini-Distinction: Responsibility is accepting who we are now and embracing our circumstances. Accountability is taking ownership of who we will become, by measuring our progress and keeping it in line with our new values, goals, and dreams.

Wednesday's Promise: Determination

I will do the things I'm afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself.

Thursday's Promise: Contribution

I will earn the help I need in advance by helping other people now, and repay the help I receive by serving others later.

Friday's Promise: Resilience

I will face rejection and failure with courage, awareness, and perseverance, making these experiences the platform for future acceptance and success.

Saturday's Promise: Perspective

I will have faith that, though I might not understand why adversity happens, by my conscious choice I can find strength, compassion, and grace through my trials.

Mini-Distinction: Resilience is the ability to persist through our hardships. Perspective is the power to find/create meaning from those hardships.

Sunday's Promise: Faith

My faith and my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with will shine through in my attitudes and in my actions.

Consider reading each promise on the designated day of the week, and repeat this pattern for several weeks. This is not an easy task -- it can take some time to develop the discipline. What helps me personally is seeing the pledge on my dresser every morning. What can help you to get into this habit? You'll be amazed at the difference it will make . . .

Let's love the world together...
 
Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment