Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Thursday, June 25, 2015

I Lava You!!

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

I have a dream I hope will come true
You're here with me and I'm here with you
I wish that the earth, sea, and the sky up above
Will send me someone to lava

Sometmes, it's not the song that makes you emotional, it's the people and th things that come to your mind when you hear it.Those are the lyrics to Pixar's latest short animation before their feature-length movie, Inside Out.

Both the animation and the movie rock! I've never been so impressed with Disney. The movie was not only entertaining like Jurassic Park, it also had tremendous educational value. It's the first movie I've ever seen that actually teaches us about the value and importance of sadness, empathy, and compassion.

There is a voice that doesn't use words.  Listen.  -- RumiWhat makes the movie so effective? The movie illustrates, through the compartmentalization of our mind chatter, distinct aspects of our personalities. This is not a new idea and there are so many different models. Disney chose the emotional distinctions of joy, fear, anger, disgust, and sadness. While every emotion can be positive or negative, I felt this was not an optimistic approach.

Everything you're running away from is in your head.The 1990's sitcom, Herman's Head, I felt was much more accurate. They divided Herman's head into intellect, sensitivity, anxiety, and lust. What are the various voices in your head? When we can separate the personalities, we have more control over our internal conversation.

Sometimes, memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.  Tears!There was a waterfall of tears on my face. I hope I didn't distract people with all my sniffling, but I couldn't help it. Every scene was a trigger into what my own childhood had, lacked, and/or desired. I got to reprogram my “core memories” with feelings of relatedness, enlightenment, and transcendence.

Be the person you needed when you were younger.Like Tony Robbins says, it's never too late to have a good childhood.

Check out the full “Lava” Song (with lyrics) in the video below.

I lava you!

Let's love the world together...



Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

P.S. Share this Visual Inspiration with your friends.

Related Articles:
Swinging Between Logic & Emotion
Forgiving Visual Quotes
Profound Wisdom from Song Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment