Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Better to Be Emotional or Logical?

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

I like people with depth. I like people with emotions. I like people with a strong mind, an interesting mind, a twisted mind and also someone that can make me smile.Computers saved me from my insane childhood. With all the dysfunctional reality around me, technology was the only foundation of reason and predictability.

“If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me...” said the Mentor from the Hacker's Manifesto. “a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought...”

Using Logic to Control Emotions

I have the deepest affection for intellectual conversations.  The ability to just sit and talk.  About love, about life, about anything, about everything.  To sit under the moon with all the time in the world, the full-speed train that is our lives slowing to a crawl.  Bound by no obligations, barred by no human limitations.  To speak without regret or fear of consequence.  To talk for hours and about what's really important in life.Mr. Spock & Lt. Commander Data from Star Trek both strengthened this perspective through their militant adherence to pure logic. And it all made perfect sense, too.

I could live in logic, avoiding my emotions and the outside world.

But I discovered that life was not fulfilling like that.

Leonard Nimoy himself said "Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end."

So I swung to the opposite extreme...

Having Emotions Control Logic

Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional.  It's  asign that you have a big heart, and that you aren't afraid to let others see it.  Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.Instead of being socially isolated, I became a party animal.

Instead of feeling timid, I felt eager to change the world.

Instead of having calm, I radiated excitement.

Instead of listening to my head, I began following my heart.

I fell in love with the understanding that we humans don't make intelligent decisions. Rather, we make emotional decisions, and then we use intelligence to justify them.

When I was younger, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.This gave me the freedom to rock and roll! Why would I try to create a future when I could just enjoy life now?

Why I do want to be a robot? This is the juicy roller-coaster of life!

But then I discovered that some roller-coaster rides can be dangerous.

Calibrating & Integrating, Logical & Emotional Intelligence

Change is never fine.  They say it is but..it's not.And now I know, it doesn't have to be either/or. It's not about being purely logical or purely emotional. We are both.

So where do we find the balance?

We sharpen our logic, and we discipline our emotions. At times logic prevails, and at other times emotions overrule. That's OK. That's life. I think The Big Bang Theory sitcom illustrates the hilarity of both extremes, and gets us to unconsciously become conscious of the validity of the other side.

The big question is, what are we doing most of the time? It's being present to reason, and cognizant of our emotions simultaneously. It's seeing process, flow, and timing, as well as listening to our instinct, intuition, spirit, and soul.

Intelligence will never stop being beautiful.It's all of that, all at once, in an artful mixture of what resonances within our being. From the extremes of artificial intelligence to primal behavior, where do you dance on this spectrum?

I'll see you there.

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

"The miracle is this: The more we share the more we have." - Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek)

No comments:

Post a Comment