Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Friday, July 1, 2011

6 Reasons People “Think” I’m Gay

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

It’s Pride Weekend here in Toronto (and Canada Day, too), so I thought I would give you the giggles with these tid-bits about me.  As usual, there’s tons of inspiration and transformational wisdom with each point (if you go deep enough).

Top 6 Reasons People “Think” I’m Gay

1. I flirt with everyone.

I’ve discovered that flirting is about being playful, making the other person feel special and significant; appreciating and highlighting their beautiful qualities.  From this context, why don’t we flirt with everyone?

2. I have trouble discerning gender sometimes.

This is because of my optical limitations in sight, and the diverse self-expression we have in our culture today with more men choosing to have long hair, wearing glitter, or anybody simply wishing to appear gender neutral.

3. I’m fashion conscious.

Compared to most men, that is.  Not being able to see, I never really cared about fashion because I wasn’t conscious of it.  I also thought of it as being superficial, so I chose not to put any attention on it.  Then, when I was asking one of my super-friends how I could improve my dating life, he and his fashion-savvy girlfriend took me shopping and changed my life forever.  :)

4. I love to dance and have a good time.

Many of my friends are gay, bisexual, or tons of other new-age terms I could probably come up with.  I love hanging around these people because they usually are less judgmental and more free-spirited than most people.  It’s fun to get along with people who are fun to get along with.

5. I’ve been known to attend cuddle parties and promote tantric classes

Yes, it’s true.  But did you know the cuddle parties are more about effective communication than anything else?  Most people in our culture don’t know how to say Yes, don’t know how to say No, and don’t know how to change their minds.  A cuddle is a much-needed context in which we can practice these un-taught skills.

6. I’m flamboyantly optimistic.

Normally that kind of label would be seen as Pollyanna in our culture.  I find the contrast of being called a fear-mongering conspiracy theorist to balance me out.  It’s fascinating when we come to understand that everything is perspective, relative, and a choice.

Now, for the record, I am 100% heterosexual (not that there’s anything wrong with being anything else)...

The Kinsey sex experiments suggest that there is a spectrum between the two extremes (homosexuals/heterosexuals) that anyone may fall into.  Ask yourself, where do you fall?

Let’s love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

P. S. If you like the things I share, share those things with the people you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment