Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Racket - Internal Dialogue - Mind Chatter - Monkey Voices

Bookmark and Share
Hi there everyone!!

There’s chatter in our minds. There are things we say to ourselves without realizing it. This is our internal communication.

Think about it. Are you saying things to yourself right now as you read this? Are you asking yourself questions? Are you pausing and contemplating? This is your internal communication.

The problem is, sometimes this communication has nothing better to do than to make things up. It makes up the meanings of what is going on all around us. We make everything mean something. This is called a “racket.”

Here’s an example. I’m writing, and you’re reading. That’s the only fact. Everything else is a racket... So, as I write this, I consider how this might all be interpreted. I wonder if I’m effectively communicating to you, the reader. I think of other examples that might be better or more effective. I have a racket about not being a good writer. I have another racket about using the word “racket” since I learned it from Landmark Education Corporation. I make it mean that I might get myself into legal trouble. Then, I have a more empowering thought, that the secret is to just be authentic and sincere in my communication.

Yet another racket creeps in. Is it worth continuing this? Do I really have something worth sharing?

It’s amazing how many rackets we can have. And none of them have much value because they are all rackets. Their meanings are all fake. I made it all up in my mind. Neale Donald Walsch, author of “Conversations with God” says “We’re making it all up. All of it!”

I don't know what the truth is. I don’t know if this article is going to be understood and gotten by you or not. I wish that the truth has you in a place of understanding that rackets are a part of life, and simply being conscious of them can empower the way we think, by allowing us to truly choose what we think.

Here’s the bottom line. It doesn't matter what I say. What matters is what you hear.

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, Visionary
http://www.TheLoveMovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment