Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Monday, November 30, 2015

How I Make Christmas Last All Year

Bookmark and Share
Seasons Greetings Everyone!!

If you're going home to an unsupportive family this holiday season, remember that your worth is not defined by what they say or how they treat you.I grew up never knowing if I was Christian or not.

My school celebrated Christmas. My family celebrated Christmas. My TV celebrated Christmas. As far as I could tell, the whole world celebrated Christmas.

Religious HumorThen, one day, I started hearing people say that they weren't going to celebrate Christmas because they are not Christians. All of a sudden, I realized I wasn't a Christian, and I started questioning my authenticity around celebrating Christmas...

I eventually came to realize, celebrating Christmas makes me happy. My mother always hates it when I buy a Christmas tree – money she thinks is wasted. But I have had such a great time buying a Christmas Tree with my niece, that to me, the $9.99 is totally worth the fun times!

I'm glad I've chosen to celebrate Christmas over the years.

1. Choose to Celebrate

Until further notice: Celebrate Everything!Do you choose to celebrate Christmas? People seem to want Christmas to last all year, yet they don't even start celebrating it today.

How do I make Christmas last all year? First, I choose to celebrate Christmas today.

I don't worry about all the commercialization of Christmas... I don't worry if I'm a Christian or not... And I don't worry about who is being naughty or nice. The question is, does Christmas make me feel better?

Everyday is a second chance.Does Christmas make YOU feel better?

If so, then really choose to celebrate Christmas today, and everyday hereafter.

2. Prevent Common Gloom

fulljingleHow do I Make Christmas Last All Year? I choose to Celebrate, and I Prevent the common gloom.

This time of year can come with its share of challenges. Each challenge requires a distinct strategy, so understanding the various types of challenges can be very helpful.

Simplicity reduces stress.Some people get stressed. There is so much going on that they feel overloaded with new tasks and responsibilities.

Some people get depressed. People are most financially constrained during this time. Suicide is at its highest during this season.

And some people just get bored. Many are without family and friends, and all those extra store closures means we need to get creative with our time.

I have written an article, and there are tons of other resources, that can help people deal with these kinds of specific issues.

What have been your challenges over the years? Figure out solutions ahead of time, and your Christmas will last all year!

3. Anchor the Best Moments

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.Choose to Celebrate, Prevent Common Gloom, and Anchor the Most Beautiful Moments.

I engrave my beautiful moments into my memory, and reflect upon those moments later in the year.

Today, it's so easy to engrave beautiful moments with the help of social media, our cells phones, and that thing that Santa goes through called The Cloud. Heck, just sharing ourselves in conversation, or on stage through public speaking... can also anchor those moments.

I believe that the great gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.Every holiday season, when I get unexpected gifts I don't need, I still appreciate them. When I get surprise greetings from strangers who look weird, I still acknowledge them. And, when l find myself lost in moments of reflection, I stay there as long as possible!

There are 12 points in my article, “How To Make Christmas Last All Year”. You've Just Heard Three. So, check out that article. For now, remember to Choose to Celebrate, Prevent Common Gloom, and Anchor Your Most Beautiful Moments.

There are three stages to man: he believes in Satna Caluse, he does not beleieve in Santa Clause, and he is Santa Clause.When I was growing up, I watched the cartoon Christmas Special of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe, with my sister. Who remembers He-Man? And the Power of Grayskull!!

Skeletor, being the evil villain, didn't understand Christmas. When told about “giving presents”, Skeletor interrupted and exclaimed, “yeah, and when people open their presents, they explode!”

A year from now, you will wish you had started today.Every year, my sister and I have this huge gag, of whenever someone mentions a present, we immediately interrupt and say, “yeah, and when you open the present, it explodes!”

My sister and I think that's just hilarious!!! (You may not, so create your own anchors.)

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." - Charles Dickens, A Christmas CarolChoose to Celebrate, Prevent Common Gloom, and Anchor the Best Moments.

That's How “I” Make Christmas Last All Year!!

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

P.S. The above is a speech that was derived from this original (full) article...
12 Steps to Make Christmas Last

Related Articles:
15 Christmas Visuals
6 Tips for Picking Your Holiday Parties

No comments:

Post a Comment