Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Master New Year's Resolutions

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

Achieve Your Goal: Define it. Want it. Believe it. Write it down. Split it up. Schedule it. Do it.Visualize one of the goals you have for next year, or make one up right now.

One of my goals is to “love myself more”. Specifically, instead of giving attention to all the things I miss out on because of my optical limitations, I will give attention to all the blessings my optical limitations have created for me in my life.

While a S.M.A.R.T. goal methodology may work for quantifiable goals, I find it challenging for esoteric goals like these, which you may have also. It's still about stepping stones—finding ways to move gradually in the direction of our goal. Will I love myself more? Will you attain your goal?

1. Conceivably

Napoleon Hill.  Every adversity and failure has the seed of a greater benefit.Napoleon Hill who wrote the famous “Think & Grow Rich” said that “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” Too often we think of things that can get in the way of our goal, and we see obstacles and barriers. That is not conceiving. In fact, it may be our greatest adversities that can be the secret to our success.

Can I love myself more? If I don't have the mind chatter that says, “you already love yourself”, or “how much more can you love yourself?”, or “loving yourself more is not the answer”.

Only Yolur Mind Bothers YouWhat's your goal? What mind chatter could you replace? Business owner Scott Michael teaches, “If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?” In other words, none of the following steps are reachable without first conception of a worthy ideal.

2. Potentially

How to unleash your full potential...We may have the right thoughts, but do we have the strength, attributes, and resources to support our goal? Is it feasible to love myself more? Is your goal feasible? Potential is meaningless at conception because a million things can go wrong (how many sperm cells don't make it to egg?). Unlimited potential exists ounce a solid foundation is built.

While I have a history of dysfunctional love, I also know I have had beautiful moments of sacred love. I can choose to focus on that. What can you choose to focus on from your history that will validate your potential?

3. Possibly

Faith is when a possible success becomes an inevitable future.If we've focused on something, and know that we have accomplished similar things in the past, isn't it logical that we move further in the same direction? If we don't have a past to support our goal, can we look at examples from other people around the world? Our goal may seem outlandish to ourselves or to others, but isn't it still at least somehow possible? Come from the adage that anything is possible.

4. Likely

Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat.How do we make the possible practical? We do it by having an environment, a schedule, and teammates that support us. I will love myself more by knowing there are a bunch of people in the world who know that's what I want. I will love myself more because I will periodically refer to this article for my own personal benefit. I will love myself more by continuing to explore new personal development programs.

What sorts of structures can you setup for your goal? In particular, decide now what you will do when you feel like quitting your goal. It's not just your goal, it's the goal of your community, and it's the goal of our humanity.

5. Probably

Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.Motivational legend Jim Rohn talked about how to set goals not for what they will give us, but for what they will make of us. Why is your goal important to you? How often do you remember and reflect on the reasons you created your goal will determine the probability of its fulfillment.

6. Precisely

May our daily choices be a reflection of our deepest values.Probably isn't necessarily going to get us there. It takes a lot to achieve certain goals, and some of that effort may require the re-calibration of our own identity and values. What will we need to believe for our goal to be manifested? Do we believe in ourselves? What is the impact of your goal on areas of your life that you hadn't even considered? What is the impact of your goal on the greater community and the world--that you could not have imagined without setting your goal first?

7. Exactly

Success Tip about GoalsWe're not there yet. Our mind has to conjure up specific moments in the future that support our goal. Like, I mean, vivid imagery. We must trick the subconscious mind into seeing the magic moments as memories. Use all the senses, and drill-down to infinite detail about these scenarios.

Who's there? What is being said? Where are people going? Why is this happening?

It's happening because you set a goal and you achieved it. Be proud of yourself now.

8. It's Already a Forgone Conclusion

The goal is expansion of consciousnessIsn't it hard with so many steps? No, it's fun to examine the nuances of our own psychology, and alter behavior. It's exhilarating to know that the past does not equal the future, and that we are the molders and shapers of our own destiny. Assume your goal is already attained and live that way now.

It's awesome for me to be able to articulate what I know in a new way that will have more people live into their New Year's Resolutions. This article has helped me to further honor that responsibility, and to love myself more.

Dream Another DreamSo what's your New Year's Resolution? Where on the spectrum of achievement will you sit?

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

Related Article:
The Science of Achievement, the Art of Fulfillment

No comments:

Post a Comment