Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Where do you begin?

Bookmark and Share
Hey there, you!!

You are here.

Acknowledge yourself.  Pat yourself on the back.  You’ve made it.  Congratulations!

There are lots of places you could be.  But you’re here.  It doesn’t matter whether that’s a good place, a bad place, the right place, or the wrong place.  It’s where you are.  So you may as well enjoy it.

Some people worry about their past circumstances and blame others for where they are.  Even if all those thoughts were to be true, they do not empower us in being here.  Be here now.  This is where your power is.

I remember I wanted to write a book but only read a handful of books in my life.  How could I be an author?  I didn’t know how to do it.  I didn’t know how to write, and I didn’t know how to sell.  But there was something inside of me that really wanted to do it.  So I did it.  All I saw was my power in choosing my life from that moment forward.

I remember I wanted to produce a Broadway-style musical but couldn’t sing, dance, act, nor had I ever produced anything before in my life.  How could I make this happen?  I was in a place where I bumped into someone who connected me to a producer of a show.  I went to see it.  Two weeks later, I was on stage, and three weeks later I became an executive producer of that show.  All I felt was the desire of wanting to produce a show, and allowed the universe to take me there.

Although you are here, you can be anywhere instantly.  Instantly?  That’s right.  It’s through the power of your own imagination.  In fact, the only way to get there is to first be here, then see yourself there.  That’s different than wondering why you are here, wishing you were there, or trying to be everywhere.  So the power comes in controlling our imagination such that we have day dreams instead of nightmares.  It is harnessing that power so that we don’t just use the optics of our sight, but ignite our capacity to envision the future now.  It’s moving from that being a practice to that being our lifestyle.

What’s our game plan?  First let us know where we are.  Then, let’s create a vision.  If the vision is powerful enough, the actual “game plan” becomes evident and/or irrelevant.  The most important aspect is to evaluate the effectiveness of our game plan, and then coarse-correct.  We just repeat this process until, until... well, forever.  Because we never get there -- we’re always creating a new vision and always learning to enjoy the process at a deeper level.

That’s the ultimate secret of success.  While we will certainly talk about achievement, no achievement has any value without fulfillment.  The art of living is to realize you are here, and appreciate the miracle that is.  The more conscious we become of that miracle, the more power we have in molding and shaping that miracle into something even more beautiful and expansive.

One way of becoming more conscious of where we are is to become grateful for all that we are.  From our physical body, to our eternal spirit, from our mental capacity to our loving soul, we are here.  From our family and friends to our skills and talents, from our clothes to our toys, we are here.

I don’t know your specific life circumstances.  But I do know your circumstances...  We all have been on this hero’s journey, and it’s our privilege to be your tour guide.  This is just the beginning.

Wherever you are, you’ve made it here.  Anywhere is better than nowhere, and we think right here is where it’s at.  So welcome.  Now, let’s go and move from here to wherever you want to be.

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment