Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Thursday, June 27, 2013

When do you Convert?

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

I often talk about the four awakening of spirituality, money, politics, and sex.  These are powerful awakenings, because more often than not, most people are born into a particular paradigm in each of those areas, and never come to understand any other paradigm, let alone change their paradigm (convert).

But aren’t wise people those who have experienced a bigger spectrum of life?

Rather than just learning from a millionaire who may have inherited his money to been lucky, I’d rather learn from a millionaire who was broke at some point in his or her life.  Even better, I love talking to millionaires who have gone bankrupt, and then became millionaires the second time.

Of course it takes a lot of risk, effort, and courage to convert.  My brother-in-law converted to Islam in order to marry my sister.  People go through severe emotional break-downs when they realize the false left/right political paradigm.  Doesn't someone who chose to convert to a particular religion, have a lot more faith than a person who was born into a religion?

So when do you convert?  I can tell you when I converted…

I used to update every single HTML page of my web site, until blogging was popularized, and I finally started my blog in 2009.  I thought (because Google owned Blogger) I would get much higher search engine rankings/placement if I was to use Google’s platform, Blogger.

Boy was I wrong.

Everybody in the industry has been saying that I should be using WordPress.  But I put so much effort in Blogger for so many years, and I knew converting wouldn’t be easy.

It takes a lot of work.  Sure, there are “wizards” that say all you have to do is use this conversion tool, but those only go so far.

The pictures don’t get transferred properly, and even text alignment is out of whack!  (I thought  HTML was supposed to be cross-platform.)  The videos don’t convert at all, and I am now going through and modifying all of that code.

Why am I telling you these technical details that you may not understand nor care about?  Because any time we want to shift big paradigms in our life, there are tons of nuances (like that) that can keep us from moving forward.

Don’t let that stop you from converting, if you want.  Know that it is a process.  It takes time.  But start now.  Don’t wait four years like I did.

You can view my new WordPress blog at
http://blog.ordinarywords.com

There are some things that I may have missed in the conversion...  I would really appreciate if you can let me know if anything doesn’t work.  Thanks in advance!!  And please share this new blog with friends, or ask your fellow bloggers to link to my site.

Let’s love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

P.S. I chose the subject specifically because it is Pride Week!  So what crossed my mind is that some may think that I’m implying “convert”ing sexual orientation is the way to go.  Not at all.  I understand that many of us are “born this way”, just like I am an albino and can’t change that.  But exploring different possibilities of being with other kinds of people, keeps us open, accepting, tolerant, and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment