Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My first night... with a Mac?

Bookmark and Share
Hey there curious onlookers!!

I finally did it.  I didn’t want to do it.  But this is what it takes to be a top performer in the mobile space.

It all looked good on the surface.  Everything was beautiful and slick.  I even saw a sign in the box that said “You and your Mac were meant for each other.”

I unpacked and started to put the right things in the right places.  You know, it was so much more difficult for me as a teenager with bigger wires, clunky connections, and all sorts of compatibility issues.

It brought back memories of when I was in high-school experimenting and learning from new equipment.  Although I couldn’t visually see what I was doing, I could follow the right paths with my fingers and usually work it all through.  Today, everything is supposed to be intuitive, that I thought the first night would have been a breeze.

Well, it wasn’t as good as they say it is.

Sure, I was teased with certain bells and whistles, promises and waivers, but alas, it was not to be.

First off, “Universal Access” or “Accessibility Standards” may sound like a compassionate consideration for most.  But when it doesn’t work, it’s really not funny.  Just putting an artificial stamp of approval doesn’t make something functional.

I thought my last relationship with Windows was bad for stuff like that.  But this is much worst.  Yes, these features get better over the years, and it does take time to nourish and understand the complexities of working with such features.

But what am I to do?  Stop nourishing a relationship with an operating system because it doesn’t appear to be a perfect match for me?

No, I have a commitment to make great iPhone applications.  You know it doesn’t take much to make one, besides a $99 annual fee, a Macintosh computer, and a little bit of time.  But most people who want to never will, because they will let all sorts of things get in their way.

Not me.  I write about it instead, and give you this reality-based journey of overcoming adversity, transformational living, and fulfilling one’s destiny.

Now I need to go read the 50-page agreement from Apple to see what I got myself into!

Let’s love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary
http://www.ordinarywords.com/police

P.S. Share this



No comments:

Post a Comment