Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Monday, December 8, 2014

MetaAdvice - Advice about giving advice.

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

When you are your authentic self, you have no competition.Yesterday I participated in another “Authentic Relating” Games Event which was awesome, as usual. It's hard to summarize, but in essence, we experiment with various exercises that either make us more aware of or have us expand our boundaries and contexts for human interaction.

(Wow. I just love making up definitions on-the-fly like that.)

Anyways, in one particular exercise we were asked to share any advice that we would want to give someone in our life.

Now, I don't like giving advice to anyone unless specifically requested, because there needs to be a listening for it to be heard in the first place. And even then, I query and illustrate through experiences, rather than profess any truths.

I've learned not to make the games of life wrong, so I adapted the advise-giving to be directed towards humanity and the world in general.

So, what's my advice to the world?

Make sure to include self-compassion.Have deeper compassion. Exercise empathy as often as possible. Increase tolerance to be inclusive of all values, lifestyles, paradigms, and mindsets. No matter how much compassion we seemingly have towards someone or something, remember that we haven't scratched the surface of even understanding -- let alone compassion.

Invariably, we're told to switch partners and to share again. Not wanting to repeat myself, I had to come up with something new:

Intuition is the GPS of the soul.Be more spontaneous! Trust instincts and intuition much more rigorously. Go with the flow. Nourish creativity. Play.

As this particular exercise wrapped-up, a light-bulb went off in my head... I may not give advice directly to my friends, but I do give advice to the world and humanity every week over e-mail, and every hour on social media! (Analogously, if you think you don't have advice to give, authentically consider a little deeper that you do.)

Being conscious about the advice I want to embark on the world has me live that in my being more consistently.

Knowledge is Not ThinkingWhat advice would you give some of your friends in your life? Really think about that, and then authentically consider whether you have successfully implemented that advice in your own life.

What's your advice to the world?

Ghandi or Gandhi?Strive to be a shining example of living that advice.

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

P.S. If you're in Toronto, join or Authentic Relating Meetup group.

P.P.S. This is like metacognition. It's metaadvice -- that is, advice about giving advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment