Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

5 Minutes to Dream 300 Books!

Bookmark and Share
Hi there everyone!!

On page 96 of “A Dictionary of Distinctions,” I ask “They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If so, how much is a five-minute dream worth?”

Let’s really figure it out right now. Those in the video or electronic media industry will tell you that standard quality videos (most television sets) have approximately 30 frames per second. That means, to make a movie look like a “movie,” there are actually 30 pictures that are displayed consecutively in one second. The eye sees so many (30) pictures so fast (1 second) that it perceives it as real-motion.

Since there are 60 seconds in a minute, that means there are 60 x 5 = 300 seconds in 5 minutes.

With 30 frames (or pictures) in one second, we get 300 x 30 = 9,000 frames.

So, if a picture is worth a thousand words, a five-minute dream is worth 9,000 x 1,000 = 9,000,000 words!

The average book has 30,000 words, so a five-minute dream is worth about 300 books.

Here's the point: It’s not enough to have a great slogan, a nice mission statement, and all the desire and ambition in the world. Visualizing our dreams on a consistent basis has such enormous benefits! We’ve taken a technical look at how much value is in a five-minute dream. And, we haven’t even touched on the emotional dimension!

Don’t just dream the great visuals, but add emotions and feelings to the visualization. That will increase its value exponentially! Remember what Scott Michael says, “If you don’t have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?”

Every morning, as soon as I wake up, I thank God and the universe for where I am (a great practice I learned from Tim Foley, former player for the Miami Dolphins). Then, I visualize for five minutes where I am going. I see myself speaking in front of large audiences. I see myself traveling around the world. I see the woman of my dreams proud of me by my side. I see a difference being created in the lives of people around me.

What dreams do you have AFTER you wake up?

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

1 comment:

  1. A community of people who share their ressources, living under the same roof.

    Me, teaching and empowering women in Africa to run their own businesses.

    An open-minded, happy, fun-loving man by my side, travelling and speaking with me.

    By Elizabeth Greig
    www.givewhileyoureceive.com/IGiveBig

    A stress-free society where everyone is happy and feeling at one with one another.

    By Elizabeth Greig

    ReplyDelete