Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

9 Distinct Mantras

Bookmark and Share
Remember My Mantra: Distinct... Or Extinct.Hi there everyone!!

Do you have a personal mantra? What is it? Perhaps you have more than one. Or, you may notice that you’ve had different mantra in various phases of your life.

Many practices, from rebirthing to all forms of meditation, focus on the power of breath. It puts our attention on what’s most important. However, sometimes, with our rackety internal dialogue, this is extremely difficult. With mantras, the mind chatter too becomes lessened because we force the focus onto one primal sentence.

Mantras help us come home, be centered and grounded. It presence us to what’s important now. More than all of that, it can diminish boredom and depression in idle times and in moments of adversity.

Here are some of my mantras over the years:

Attitude is Everything!

This one I heard a lot growing up. But, it didn’t work for me. When I had a bad attitude, I didn’t want to have a good attitude. I acknowledge that different mantras work for different people, hence this inclusion.

If It Is to Be, It Is Up to Me

Did you ever think that ten two-letter words could be so profound? This mantra can remind us of our own power of action which has our lives work.

Ordinary Words ~ Extraordinary Power

Through personal development, my first consistent mantra was this because it reminded me that everything comes back to language. The quality of our life is the quality of our communication—with others and ourselves.

Be Here Now

Through further spiritual paths, it became apparent that the destination is not the answer. By enjoying the journey, we realize that our power is in each and every moment of fulfillment.

Have fun creating your life!

Life is full of paradoxes, and I realized that I wanted both achievement and fulfillment simultaneously. This mantra put the two together in a subtle and concise way.

Let’s love the world together…

It wasn’t long until I discovered the extent of my mantra was not reaching my community. I got out of myself, and created a mantra that encompasses conscious co-creation and collaboration.

Happily, Do What’s Next and Make the Most of It

Despite the effectiveness of some mantras, I sometimes get into ruts where I feel overwhelmed and powerless. In these moments, I realize I need to be super-present and active in activity.

Given What I’ve Got, Let Me Do My Best

At times I would fall into the trap of what could be, what should be, or what will be. This mantra clearly reminds me to accept what is and live up to my personal standard.

Have Faith Something Good Will Arise

When I feel stuck in a time-loop—that all things seem the same—I need remind myself of this mantra. It may not always be true, but believing usually makes us feel better.

This article came from my Narrative Writing Class (for therapeutic purposes). I’m always looking for ways to nourish self-growth, and this class and this article and proven to be tremendous.

I hope the same is true for you.

Let’s love the world together…

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment