Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Scary Ghost from Demark

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

Video Footage Caught from Our Last Event

When I was a child, I was afraid of ghosts.  As I grew up I realized people are more scary.For so many of you around the world who can't make it to our local events, we've got you covered. We not only have a great clip, but we've added fancy graphics, music, and animation for your viewing pleasure.

Over a hundred people showed up, but I think we could have easily had two hundred, if it wasn't for...

C'est la vie!

"You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." - Maya AngelouThere happened to be a big marathon that day which caused major road closures, including a highway! But there was no co-ordination in the Ministry of Transportation, because a significant portion of the subway system was shutdown for track repair simultaneously. Traffic in the city was such a disaster.

Picking a good date and time is always a challenge for an event, and there's no perfect date. However, I don't think I'm ever going to promote an event at 11:30 AM again!! So many people read that as 11:30 PM in the night and said it was too late of an evening for them.

Who starts a show 11:30 at night on a Sunday??

Life Goes On...

It's better to show up and suck, than not show up at all.  SHOW UP.The show must go on! And it did. On stage, my leg started shaking involuntarily. The last time that happened was when I was on an Outward Bound trip, rock climbing on the side of a mountain, thinking I wouldn't be scared because I can't see down. My instructor laughingly told me that my involuntary shaking was common and actually had a name called "Doing the Elvis".

This time, since I knew I had an Elvis, I just continued along my stand up routine and I don't think anybody noticed--except my niece. :) Family support makes a big difference.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones to keep.There was one line that bombed, and in a couple of cases, the microphone didn't pick up a word in a middle of the sentence. Oh, technical issues!

For some reason, I didn't notice the flashing blue light to indicate my time was up. I went an entire minute and a half over. And then I couldn't find my way back to my classmates. Oh well.

You'll Figure It Out

My body sometimes feels sore, but it works.  I don't sleep well most nights, but I do wake up to fight another day.  My wallet is not full but my stomach is.  I don't have all the things I ever wanted but I do have everything I will ever need.  I'm thankful because although my life is by no means perfect, it's my life and I'm happy.Everything came together, the show was awesome, and I got tons and tons of laughs. Everything works out in the end, and if it hasn't worked out, then it's not the end.

Is this the beginning or the end of my stand up career? You'll figure it out once you watch the video below.

If you're wondering what a Scary Ghost from Denmark has to do with any of this, then don't worry: You'll figure it out by the end of the video, guaranteed.



Let's laugh at the world together...
Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

Related Articles
12 Spooky Pieces for Halloween
Normal People Scare Me

No comments:

Post a Comment