Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Saturday, January 17, 2015

How Do You Keep Score?

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

Are you too busy to improve?Many of us have heard that it's not the amount of time we spend with someone (like hours of watching TV), but rather the quality of time we spend with someone (like engaged in a meaningful conversation), that matters most.

Similarly, it may not be the amount of money we have, but the way in which we spend it, that creates our lifestyle and flourishes our community.

Transforming the Quality of a Given Quantity

Anthony Robbins - At any moment, the decision you make can change the course of your life forever!One of my friends has a great job, but was saying recent changes have had him not enjoy his work as much. I remembered a Tony Robbins technique I heard on a cassette tape over twenty years ago called “Quality Quantifiers”.

I asked, “On a scale of 1 to 10, where are you in enjoying your work?” He said a number and then I asked “What would it take to get from that number to that number plus just one?”.

So many times we want to go from night to day, and forget that a subtle difference may make all the difference.

Qualifying the Quantity

You have never seen your face, only pictures and reflections.Just now, I was feeling down, and thought I was at a -5. But was I really? As I started asking the question, “What attributes are making it a -5 for me right now?”, I couldn't come up with many answers. Upon further reflection, I changed my quality quantifier to a +2. Interestingly, that quantifying raised it to a +3!

Sometimes we think we're losing the game of life, when we're really winning – simply because we are not keeping proper score. It sounds like such an easy and automatic thing, that we actually leave it to chance, and allow our feelings to get out of control.

When the game is over...How do you keep score? While numbers aren't perfect, they can be a fun way to transform our states of being. There's other ways of keeping score too, like journaling, goal-setting, and mission building.

Increase the quality of your must-experience events of life, simply by adding music, taking a friend, or choosing to visualize positive benefits. What are some of the ways you can increase the quality of your life?

Let's love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment