Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Sunday, January 25, 2015

#BellLetsTalk Mental Health Toolkit

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

#BellLetsTalk January 28 Let's Talk about Mental HealthOn January 28, Let's Talk. Bell will donate five cents more to mental health initiatives for every tweet using #BellLetsTalk.

My personal experience with mental health started when I was just in elementary school. Twenty-five years ago, there was a lot more stigma on mental health. I tried counseling, psychiatry, and anti-depressants, but nothing seemed to work, and I even attempted suicide during my adolescence.

It's hard to explain to someone who has no clue.  It's a daily struggle being in pain or feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside.  Never judge what you don't understand.I know what it's like, and talking about what it is like with others is the first step towards recovery. I didn't know where my life was headed, but I tried to have faith that it would all make sense in the end.

What started to help me was exposure to the personal development industry – a community of people from all walks of life committed to making life better for everyone. I tried every modality of transformation I could find, and I started to manage my life effectively.

But alas, mental illness seems to be a lifelong challenge. I would use writing/blogging as my therapeutic means to train my own brain while I inspire others to do the same. To see how hopeless it can get, and know how hopeful it can be as well, read my article, “When Life Falls Apart, We Can Start Over”.
The bravest thing I ever did was continue my life when I wanted to die.
Now how do we talk to others about such a sensitive topic? Having a good and effective conversation is a skill that we can learn, practice, and consistently improve. There are proven strategies for making difficult conversations easy.

Want to be a little more savvy? More generally, help people in difficult situations. Usually mental health is coupled with other issues like addiction, homelessness, abuse, or physical disabilities (like myself). So, get some awareness on those subjects as well.

This is not something a few people in our society go through. It is something much of our society goes through. We're all affected by it, and we're all in this together. Share, raise awareness, and let's raise some money, too.
The planet does not need more successful people.  The planet despeartely needs more peacemakers, healers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds.
Let's love the world together...

Your Inspirational Toolkit for Mental Health:

> I Know What It's Like...
> Where Is Your Life Headed?
> Three Suicidal Questions (+ video)
> When Life Falls Apart, We Can Start Over
> 9 Keys to Making Difficult Conversations Easy (+ video)
> 4 Ways to Help People in Difficult Situations
> 9 Insights to Help People with Disabilities {everybody}

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment