Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Monday, October 6, 2014

Mental Health Awareness Week

Bookmark and Share
Hey there everyone!!

Understanding Depression & Suicide for Mental Illness Awareness WeekThis is Mental Health Awareness Week (October 4 through October 10, 2014). I didn’t plan it (of course), but just a couple of weeks ago, I went through quite an episode, and produced an inspiring article in the process called “When Life Falls Apart – We Can Start Overt”.

Don’t you think my story is unique, yet common, and deserves to be seen by as many people as possible? Great things can come from dark places, and I’m hoping my dark place can inspire millions. Can you help me by sharing this message?

Deep Rest or Depressed?The time is right, and the reason is most compelling: a world that works for everyone. You are the conduit to reach more people, whether through media contacts, friends, or strangers. Do it now.

CAMH (Centre for Addiction & Mental Health) has been a great resource for me. While they provided great resources, I found it disturbing that after not attending my regular therapy classes for several weeks, nobody has even called me to check in. I’m fine, but I can’t imagine how other people in similar situations might feel. As great as some of our government funded programs may be, they are still inadequate.

Are you lucky?I’m lucky. I have lots of skills, family, friends, and a relentless spirit. I feel compassion for millions who may not have all those gifts available to them, yet still suffer through something so severe and misunderstood.

Here’s another Suicide Note I wrote a couple of years ago that explains the kind of twisted logic our brains endure. And if you have a friend who needs a pick-me-up from someone who has been through it, share these inspiring articles:

What is your Dream?> I Know What It’s Like...
> Where Do You Begin?
> How Do You Want To Live Your Life?
> The Petty Problems of Life
> Helping People with Disabilities {Everybody}

Let’s love the world together...

Love,
[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment