Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Politically-Incorrect Background

Bookmark and Share
The Straight Talk
I believe it’s important to mention that I’ve always been pushing against the conventional system ever since I was in elementary school. In fact, my internal motto was, "The whole system is !*#@, everyone knows it's !*#@, and nobody will do !*#@ about it!! So why should I !*#@ myself over it?"

As you may tell, I have significantly changed. And now so too can the system.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Rather than focus on promises, I'll share with you what I have already done. These are the values I believe we would want in someone to represent us and lead our province/country.

Overcoming Adversity:
The ability to deal with whatever happens.


My school didn't allow me to touch computers because I wouldn't be able to "see them". But, I did get my hands on them in grade six. I took grade twelve computers when I was in grade eight, I was the first person in the Toronto Board of Education to take co-operative education in grade nine, and I taught computer science classes when I was a teenager.

I lobbied and was granted funding for a new club in my high-school, called DECA (a network of business clubs across North America), which still exists today. I ran for student council treasurer, was the vice-president of the debating society, and organized and won awards during inter-school tournaments.

Working Outside the Box:
Knowing that anything is possible.


I attended the Central Ontario Regional Parliament in 1992 and later was elected Leader of the Opposition. I also attended several other regional youth parliaments including Ontario Model Parliament, and became the Opposition Minister of Finance for the Ontario Youth Parliament (which I now serve on the Board of Directors). I flew to Vancouver for the Western Canadian Youth Parliament, and also participated in the British Columbia Youth Parliament as an ambassador the subsequent year.

The Forum for Young Canadians was an amazing week workshop in Ottawa, Ontario, where I spent time with real members of parliament. I was invited to Washington, D.C., for the equivalent program called Presidential Classroom. The year after I attended the Future World Leader’s Summit, and then was invited to the Inauguration of then U.S. President, Bill Clinton.

In Budapest, Hungary, I attended the Harvard World Model United Nations. I have been an active Toastmaster, an Area Governor, and was a speaker at the Toastmasters International Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. I've done youth exchange programs in Trois-Pistoles (Québec), Jõhvi (Estonia), Adelaide (Australia), and Paris (France). I've also traveled to Cuba and did Umrah in Saudi Arabia.

Diversity of Experience:
Being able to relate with all people on all levels.


I've taken piano lessons, singing lessons, jazz dancing, ballroom dancing, improv, white-water rafting, rock-climbing, hand-gliding, sky-diving, nia, yoga, jiu-jitsu, and have participated in literally hundreds of personal development programs. I've interviewed stars from the hit movie, "The Secret", including Bob Proctor, James Arthur Ray, and Chicken Soup for the Canadian/Parent's Soul, co-author Raymond Aaron.

I've volunteered in mentorship/leadership roles for Youth In Motion, Youth Assisting Youth, Junior Achievement, Youth Leadership Camps Canada, Operation Eyesight, and the Canadian National Institution for the Blind.

Results:
Following through on projects, promises, and passions.


In 2000, my best friend and I acquired $1.5 million in venture capital for our technology platform. In 2003, I published a self-help book that became a Canadian best-seller, got translated into Mandarin and scored me a tour in China. During 2005 and 2006, I co-produced a Broadway-style musical called “I DECIDE” with an after-party that ran every Saturday night! I worked with Stuart Knight, who created an entertaining show for high-school students that toured across Canada for several years called "A Whole New Perspective".

Compassion:
Understanding the purpose of our humanity.


In 2007, my friend (with decades of experience in the Green Party) and I decided to create The Party for People with Special Needs and ran in the provincial elections (just to run, without any effort, campaigning, marketing, etc.). Much to our surprise, we had more votes (in the ridings we ran) than some of the other parties. And even though we were not elected, we still helped families with disabilities receive over $2.4 Million!

This gave us great hope that people like you resonate with our message and are committed to transforming the world. This year, you can help.

2008/2009 I spent building the Canadian arm of an organization called Humanity Unites Brilliance, where we collectively raised over a million dollars for charities around the world. That company got acquired by World Ventures Inc., and then I spent my time creating a residual income through a telecommunications network marketing organization that does more than half a million dollars a month in sales volume.

"There's something beyond success,
and that's significance."

- Cherry Meadows

Vision & Hope:
Exercising the human spirit to manifest a world that works for everyone.


Now I want to represent you at Queen's Park. I promise to be consistent with everything you have read here on this entire web site.

The mainstream media is not (yet) sharing information about other parties, like ours. Share this on your social networks, demonstrate to the mainstream media the power of viral, and encourage them to talk about us.

I've been in community papers, and on Breakfast Television, but it is mostly the internet medium that seems to be open enough for our grand vision of this planet.  While the internet interviews are far too many to count, my favorite activities have been being in the music videos like The Beat Goes On, We Are Ready World Movement, producing our theme song, "Let's love the world together...", and having a cameo role in the feature-length movie, "Into the Fire" (over 640,000 views) outlining the G-20 corruption.  I've also created "An Ordinary App" which is available in the Apple Store, and have a growing Inspired Living App business (apps are the new mainstream medium).

What makes me really excited is that, although the mainstream medium will not officially acknowledge The Party for People with Special Needs yet, once I get elected, they will have no choice but to acknowledge me on a mainstream level.  With all the impact that I have had in alternative communities, imagine what will be possible with true mainstream exposure...  My political leadership is a vehicle for awakening society to the possibility of conscious co-creation.  (Did I mention I am also co-developing a platform for direct democracy?)

I'm almost thirty-seven years-old, but still live with the wonder and playfulness of a child.

Let's love the world together...

Love,






[)anish /|hmed, blind visionary
Party Leader
Party for People with Special Needs

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war.
And it's not about who's got the most bullets.
It's about who controls the information.
What we see and hear, how we work, what we think...
it's all about the information!”


- from the movie, Sneakers (1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment